Sunday, December 20, 2015

Green Beans in the Crock Pot

I usually roast all of my vegetables but sometimes you just don't want to turn on the oven.  This recipe is perfect for those days. 

Green Beans in the Crock Pot

Ingredients
1) 2 pounds of fresh green beans
2) 6 strips of bacon
3) 1 medium onion

Directions
1) Clean green beans and snap off ends
2) Cut bacon strips in half
3) Cut onion into small pieces
4) Add bean, bacon and onion into crock pot
5) Add just enough water to cover the green beans
6) Cover and cook on low for 8 hours
7) Enjoy!
 

5 comments :

  1. I have my own version ..... cook the green beans in water .... when tender drain .... add butter and Parmesan cheese.... Tastes just like my Nonna use to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your crock pot idea is good. I am usually trying to figure out what vegetable to cook right when everything else is ready. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I wouldn't think so. The bacon will cook with the beans. It's used to season them.

      Delete