Monday, August 28, 2017

Roasted Vegetables in the Crock Pot

I just went grocery shopping and red peppers were on sale!  They are one of my favorite veggies.  So, I stocked up on those and some other great end of summer veggies.  If I'm not eating red peppers raw, dipped in hummus, it is most likely that I am roasting them.  I didn't want to turn on my oven so I decided to use the slow cooker!!

Ingredients:

* 4 bell peppers
* 2 large sweet potatoes
* 5 small zucchini
* 4 garlic cloves
* Salt, your choice of seasonings and oil (I use 1/2 teaspoon of salt and onion powder and 2 tablespoons of olive oil)

Directions:

* Cut the peppers into large slices
* Peel sweet potatoes and cut into cubes
* Cut zucchini into thick slices
* Peel garlic cloves and cut in half
* Grease inside of crock pot
* Add vegetables
* Season with salt, seasoning and oil.
* Stir to evenly distribute seasonings and oil
* Cook on low for 4-6 hours (depending on how soft you like your vegetables) stirring once every hour.
* Drain any liquid and enjoy!
PS - That liquid is delicious. Use it to saute chicken or fish!


4 comments :