Saturday, November 28, 2015

Steel Cut Oats in the Crock Pot

I LOVE steel cut oats. I just never have the time to make them. This recipe makes it easy to wake up to a healthy breakfast.

Steel Cut Oats Overnight

Ingredients
1) 1 cup steel cut oats     Do not substitute rolled or quick cook oats
2) 4 cups of liquid - when I'm watching my weight, I use water or a combination of water and unsweetened almond milk. You can use 1/2 water and 1/2 milk if you're not counting calories and want something extra creamy
3) 1 and 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon (I like a lot of cinnamon)
4) 1 tablespoon vanilla
5) 1/2 cup raisins

Directions
1) Liberally spray crock pot with nonstick spray
2) Place oats, liquid, cinnamon, vanilla and raisins in crock pot.
3) Gently mix without disturbing too much of the nonstick spray.
4) Cover and cook on low for 6 hours

The best part of this is that you can add anything to the top when it's done. I sometimes put natural peanut butter, honey or sliced almonds on top.

ENJOY!!!

8 comments :

  1. I can not wait to try this. How many servings does this make?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What size crock pot did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My crock pot doesn't have a timer. Does anyone know if a crock pot can be plugged into the type of timer that would be used for lights?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does this keep? There is only one of me and I'd love leftovers, if you think it would still be good.

    ReplyDelete