Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Turkey Chili

This is one of those recipes where I wish I had a slow cooker like this....It Browns and Sautes
because I don't like to mess up two pots.  Maybe I'll put it on my Christmas list.

Turkey Chili

Ingredients:
1) 1 pound ground turkey
2)  1 medium onion
3) 1 red bell pepper
4) 1 can kidney beans (rinsed)
5) 1 can Rotel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies 
 Some people may not see canned tomatoes etc. as being "clean" so feel free to cut up your own tomatoes and chilies - I just don't have time to be that "clean" ; ) 
There are also other brands of diced tomatoes and chilies you can use

6) 2 cans diced tomatoes  
7) 1 tablespoon chili powder (more if you want a little more kick)
8) 2 cloves garlic, crushed or sliced with my favorite slicer!!!

Directions
1) Chop onion and red pepper into small pieces
2)  Brown ground turkey on stove top unless you have one of those fancy crock pots that I want : )   
You don't have to cook it all the way through as the slow cooker will do that.  Just get the outsides brown and crumble the meat.  
3) Place the turkey meat in the crock pot
4) Saute onion and red pepper pieces until wilted. 3-4 minutes
5) Place onion and pepper pieces in crock pot
6) Add kidney beans, all 3 cans of diced tomatoes (if you like it hot, you can use 2 cans of the tomatoes and green chilies and 1 can of the diced tomatoes), chili powder and garlic.
7) Mix all ingredients together
8) Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
 
  

7 comments :

  1. The crock pot link doesn't work :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put a new link on. I think it should work now. Thanks for telling me.

      Delete
  2. Love it, can't wait to try it. I'm going to use these ingredients with our deer burger. I would think it would really zazz it up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. Thank you for this great recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could I use lean ground beef too? This sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Ninja multi cooker that I love, it does everything too and more. I'm going to try this recipe soon. I'm making the lemon garlic chicken now. I had your slow cook oatmeal all week it was great

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made this a couple of days ago. When I tell you it is fantastic, it doesn't even begin to cover it!! Unbelievably tasty!!! Thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete